Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bhagat Singh and literature

In the early stages of our research, we came across a couple of sites run by academic organizations in India that have sites dedicated to Shaheed Bhagat Singh Ji. I wanted to share a piece from one of these websites. Its an essay written by Singh in which he examines the correlation between the poetic/literary vitality of a community and its corresponding revolutionary/progressive momentum.

Jake and I will share some of our own thoughts on this essay, but until then, I wanted to share it as I find the thesis fascinating, and I do not know of any other figure who has brought this analysis to bear on Sikh history and literature in particular.

Enjoy:

http://www.shahidbhagatsingh.org/index.asp?link=problem_of_pb

No comments:

Post a Comment